Teardrop Turquoise Earrings
These stunning Teardrop Turquoise Earrings are the perfect expression of southwestern style! Crafted from sterling silver and genuine American Turquoise stones, they feature a classic swirl texture and timeless teardrop design. Make a statement and add some western flair to your look with these beautiful earrings.
- 11/16" wide by 1-3/8" long
- Sterling silver ear wires
Psst! There's a pendant that goes with these!
Turquoise gemstone information:
- The Turquoise birthstone is for the month of December, named in 1912.
- Turquoise is found in arid regions where copper-rich groundwater seeps downward and reacts with minerals that contain phosphorus and aluminum. The result of this sedimentary process is a compound of hydrated copper and aluminum phosphate.
- Turquoise stone colors range from sky blue, which is the most desirable as a gemstone, blue, bluish green, green, yellowish green and may contain bluish white to greenish white streaks.
- Some turquoise contains inclusions of its host rock, known as matrix, that appear as black or brown spider-webbing or patches within the material.
- Turquoise ranges from 5-6 on the Mohs Scale of Hardness (1 being Talc and 10 being Diamond).
- The most well known turquoise mines in the Southwest USA are located in Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah, Colorado and California.