Bisbee Turquoise & Sugilite Pendant
This eye-catching Bisbee Turquoise and Sugilite Pendant is carefully crafted with sterling and fine silver, making it a timeless addition to any jewelry collection. Bisbee Turquoise and Sugilite provide a vibrant color contrast, making this pendant a perfect way to add a statement to both casual and formal attire. The scarcity of Bisbee Turquoise make this a unique collector's piece for admirers of rare gemstones.
Let the dreamy purple Sugilite and gorgeous blue hues of this Bisbee Turquoise wrap you in a state of tranquility and calm. Turquoise and sugilite are also known to be stones of protection.
- Sterling and fine silver
- 3/4" wide by 1-7/8" long.
- Sterling rolo style chain in your choice of length
Bisbee Turquoise Trivia:
The Lavender Pit Mine near Bisbee, AZ - hence the term Bisbee Turquoise - has been closed since the mid-70s and no longer is mined, making this gorgeous stone a collector's piece.
Turquoise gemstone information:
- The Turquoise birthstone is for the month of December, named in 1912.
- Turquoise is found in arid regions where copper-rich groundwater seeps downward and reacts with minerals that contain phosphorus and aluminum. The result of this sedimentary process is a compound of hydrated copper and aluminum phosphate.
- Turquoise stone colors range from sky blue, which is the most desirable as a gemstone, blue, bluish green, green, yellowish green and may contain bluish white to greenish white streaks.
- Some turquoise contains inclusions of its host rock, known as matrix, that appear as black or brown spider-webbing or patches within the material.
- Turquoise ranges from 5-6 on the Mohs Scale of Hardness (1 being Talc and 10 being Diamond).
- The most well known turquoise mines in the Southwest USA are located in Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah, Colorado and California.