Teardrop Turquoise Pendant
This artisan crafted Teardrop Turquoise Pendant is the perfect way to represent your western style. It is made from a combination of sterling and fine silver and a genuine American Turquoise oval. Its unique swirl texture and western style design make it perfect for any jewelry collection.
- Sterling and fine silver
- 7/8” wide by 1-5/8” from the top of the rings to the tip
- Sterling silver chain in your choice of length
Psst! There's earrings that go with these!
Turquoise gemstone information:
- The Turquoise birthstone is for the month of December, named in 1912.
- Turquoise is found in arid regions where copper-rich groundwater seeps downward and reacts with minerals that contain phosphorus and aluminum. The result of this sedimentary process is a compound of hydrated copper and aluminum phosphate.
- Turquoise stone colors range from sky blue, which is the most desirable as a gemstone, blue, bluish green, green, yellowish green and may contain bluish white to greenish white streaks.
- Some turquoise contains inclusions of its host rock, known as matrix, that appear as black or brown spider-webbing or patches within the material.
- Turquoise ranges from 5-6 on the Mohs Scale of Hardness (1 being Talc and 10 being Diamond).
- The most well known turquoise mines in the Southwest USA are located in Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah, Colorado and California.