Vintage Turquoise Ring
This elegant Turquoise ring features a vintage Kingman Turquoise cabochon set in a sterling and fine silver setting with a hand-hammered band. The lightweight design is perfect for everyday wear, adding an eye-catching sparkle when worn alone or layered with other stacking rings.
- 3/8" wide by 1/2" long
- Size 8
Turquoise fun facts:
- The Turquoise birthstone is for the month of December, named in 1912.
- Turquoise is found in arid regions where copper-rich groundwater seeps downward and reacts with minerals that contain phosphorus and aluminum. The result of this sedimentary process is a compound of hydrated copper and aluminum phosphate.
- Turquoise stone colors range from sky blue, which is the most desirable as a gemstone, blue, bluish green, green, yellowish green and may contain bluish white to greenish white streaks.
- Some turquoise contains inclusions of its host rock, known as matrix, that appear as black or brown spider-webbing or patches within the material.
- Turquoise ranges from 5-6 on the Mohs Scale of Hardness (1 being Talc and 10 being Diamond). T
- Turquoise is found in several places around the world: The southwestern United States, China, Egypt, Iran and Mexico. It was even mined by the ancient Egyptians and Persians.
- The most well known turquoise mines in the Southwest USA are located in Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah, Colorado and California.